Career Opportunities at Collective Data
Every single person is a valued member of our team, unlike large corporate environments where your are just an employee number… there to crank out your daily duties. We welcome new ideas, foster innovation, encourage creativity, and most of all recognize that teamwork and commitment to one another and serving our customers is central to our existence.
RELAXED DRESS CODE
Jeans are OK! But, if you feel like dressing business casual, we welcome that as well. The coffee and teapot are always ON in our relaxed and open collaborative environment.
Located in the NewBo District in Cedar Rapids, we really have it good! Close to unique restaurants and shops, there is never a shortage of lunch choices. We are neighbors to some of the most creative and entrepreneurial spirits.
Collective Data’s staff is growing and we want you to be a part of the excitement. Driven by entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to stand out among competitors, our team works together to provide innovative software technology like no other in our market.
While other companies are looking at ways to reduce benefits, Collective Data hasn’t thought twice because our people are the key to our success.
On top of competitive salary, we offer a great benefits package and other perks that make your enjoyment of the job even better.
OUR BENEFITS AND WHAT WE OFFER
The things that make you enjoy coming to work everyday
Competitive compensation based on experience and skill set
Medical and Dental Insurance – 70% employer paid
Simple IRA – 3% company match
Paid holidays and vacation
Vision Insurance – 100% employer paid
Long Term Disability – 100% employer paid
Life Insurance – 100% employer paid
- Relaxed dress code … jeans are OK!
- Company and team building events including the occasional ball park outing or a competitive (but friendly) round of bowling
- Located in the growing NewBo District
- The coffee and teapot are on all day
- What you do here matters!
Collective Data is currently searching for qualified candidates for the following positions.
Full Stack Engineer (C++/Qt, SQL, Angular)
As a member of Collective Data’s Core team, you get to work on a super-dynamic application platform that supports everything from shipping/logistics companies to law enforcement, even the company’s own CRM and work tracking! You’ll experience an exciting and challenging mix of adding direct value through new capabilities and modernizing existing code to make adding value even easier.
We’re looking for versatile engineers who are comfortable writing an Angular component one day and a tree-parsing routine in C++ the next. Our current needs are Angular-heavy, but there’s plenty of work in the backend, too. Don’t worry if you’re only strong in one!
Experience has taught us that the most successful team members have a solid grasp of how to use the platform, so your ramp-up will involve up to 3 months with the App Development team. If you’re demonstrably crushing it though, we won’t leave you hanging.
What you’ll do
- Create new features in Angular and migrate existing ones from jQuery
- Implement and fix domain logic in a purpose-built C++ back end
- Work with internal (and sometimes external) stakeholders to capture acceptance criteria
- Offer help to Support, Sales, and more by answering questions or helping solve problems
What you get
- High-performing [Aa]gile team – Small stories, real retros, 95% Scrum
- C++17? Angular 8? Yes!
- Awesome learning opportunities, like a Pluralsight account and the occasional conference
- Professional work ethic, casual dress code!
- Competitive pay and benefits
What we need
- Competence and experience in C++ and Angular (or similar framework), excellence in at least one
- Familiarity with Git, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, CI/CD pipelines, Scrum
- Desire and ability to write clean, performant, and testable code (with comments!)
- Like to stay current on tech and industry trends
- [Bonus] Strong SCSS/CSS skills
- [Bonus] Strong SQL (PostgreSQL and/or SQL Server)
- [Bonus] Experience developing enterprise-scale software
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Collective Data is seeking a skilled Database Specialist to join our Application Development team. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, agile environment.
- Use SQL and Collective Data’s proprietary editors to do database conversions for new and existing clients.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot the application using Collective Data’s proprietary editors
- Manage technical discussions with a client IT teams
- Carefully document requested features, scope and requirements for each project
- Write end-user and technical documentation
- Improve processes and efficiencies for data conversions
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Previous database migration experience (3-10 years of professional experience preferred)
- A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- PostGreSQL and MSSQL management experience
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Confidence in working alongside and communicating with clients
- A solid understanding of software development process fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, and XML
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity and experience with various computer languages and technologies
Education and/or Experience:
Would prefer the candidate have a degree in Computer Science / MIS, related field or equivalent experience. No H1-B Visa Sponsorship available for this position.
Who is Collective Data?
We are a provider of high-end asset management software that has supported private companies and government agencies for more than 20 years. Headquartered in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, our signature products: collectiveFleet®, collectiveQuartermaster® and collectiveFusion, are used by hundreds of medium and large organizations that value intuitive and productive software. What sets Collective Data apart from more traditionally created products is that we have built our software with flexibility in mind and pride ourselves on our adaptability to meet client needs. Our software helps improve productivity, reduce operating costs, and provides better reporting for organizations whose fleet and related equipment are mission-critical.
The Perks of Joining the Collective Data Team:
- A relaxed dress code … jeans are OK!
- Located in the heart of the vibrant and growing NewBo District
- Access to a private on-site workout facility
- The coffee and teapot are ON all day!
- Everything you do matters … you will become a valued member of the Collective Data family … we respect, foster, and value innovative thinking, creativity, and teamwork with a sincere focus and commitment to meeting and delivering our customers’ needs.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org