Providing Colorado State Patrol Full Visibility of Their Assets
About the Client
The Colorado State Patrol’s (CSP) main mission is to directly support the State Troopers in the form of supplying them with radios, cell phones, and laptops they require for daily operations. As the IT Communications branch of the Colorado State Patrol, they rely heavily on CollectiveData to account for all of their radio equipment issued out to Troopers, as well as Port of Entry Officers for the entire state.
The Colorado State Patrol (CSP) was facing a number of challenges with their asset management processes. These challenges included:
- Lack of visibility into assets: The CSP had difficulty tracking the location, condition, and usage of their assets. This made it difficult to identify assets that were at risk of being lost or damaged, and to ensure that assets were being used efficiently.
- High costs: The CSP was spending a significant amount of money on asset management, including the cost of purchasing new assets, repairing damaged assets, and hiring staff to manage assets.
- Poor decision-making: The CSP was not able to make informed decisions about asset management because they did not have access to accurate data. This could have led to the purchase of unnecessary assets or the neglect of important assets.
Since implementing Collective Data’s collectiveQuartermaster, the CSP has been able to achieve the following:
- Improved asset visibility: Collective Data has given the CSP the ability to track the location, condition, and usage of all of their assets. This information has helped the CSP to identify assets that are at risk of being lost or damaged, and to ensure that assets are being used efficiently.
- Reduced costs: Collective Data has helped the CSP to reduce costs associated with asset management, such as the cost of purchasing new assets, repairing damaged assets, and hiring staff to manage assets.
- Improved decision making: Collective Data has provided the CSP with access to accurate data that they can use to make informed decisions about asset management. This has helped the CSP to make better decisions about which assets to purchase, how to maintain them, and how to allocate resources.
- Quickly answer who has what when is it due back and how many on the shelf
- Quickly perform monthly and annual audits
- Order & Receive Radios to ensure everything that was purchased was received
- Manage radio warranty and repairs
- Integration with ADIR active directory
- Automatic email notifications
- Create Kits of equipment
- Perform inspections
- Search, query, and report on all stock and custom asset object fields
- Budget and forecast with a couple clicks
- KPI’s in place for when is it due back, when you need to re order, when an warranty is approaching, etc.
Download Our Case Study
Click here to download a sharable version of this case study
Fleet Management Case Studies
CPSO evaluated numerous software before ultimately choosing Collective Data. They found that some did not provide the essentials of what they were looking for and others were overboard with things that we were never going to use. They decided that Collective Data was the right fit for what we are looking to achieve.
Collective Data won over the evaluation committee with its focus on law enforcement and its needs and its ease of use. The price was just right, and Collective Data could do everything and more that they needed.
Speedy Transit had an entire office filled with filing cabinets, and they were using very basic software with limited reporting capabilities that did not allow them to capture enough details. They were looking for a one stop shop to streamline their maintenance and safety compliance costs in one system.
Chandler Police Department has been able to accurately track their inventory without items falling through the cracks, track who has what equipment, when it’s due back for retirement, maintenance or replacement, and set automatic email notifications and reports in order to keep their employees safe without missing anything.
Marion County Public Schools streamlines their fleet management processes, stays ahead of preventative maintenance and accurately tracks parts inventory and improved technician productivity with time tracking.
Importing fleet data into one central data hub has allowed this broad-based utility service company to simplify data access for internal and external service staff.