We all wonder what we would do if we had extra time during the workday. Taking care of daily tasks is critical to a successful fleet. And yet, it’s the new ideas and ever-evolving policies that help keep a fleet competitive and productive.
The truth is, there is only so much time in the workday and we’re all overloaded with responsibilities.
But there is a way to make it possible. Here are three quick ways that implementing fleet management software will save you time allowing you to get more done with less.
SAVE TIME ON COMMUNICATION
If you don’t have some type of email automation, or at least an easy way to notify your staff about upcoming fleet maintenance schedules, warranties about to expire, registrations, or expiring certifications, you are missing out on an opportunity that will make your life easier. collectiveFleet will improve productivity and simplify processes so other issues that have been neglected can be easily resolved.
Think about the time it takes to write an email or make a phone call to let an employee know about an upcoming preventative maintenance service. Although just minutes, when you add up these tasks over the course of a month you might find time for more productive activities. If you had a way to automatically email the appropriate parties when something is due, you could possibly free up anywhere from a couple of hours to days by simply automating this form of communication. So, what would you do with that extra time?
Perhaps you didn’t have the time to evaluate vendor pricing in greater detail over the years but it’s “been on the list.” With your new-found extra time, you could analyze and compare services or parts between your vendors. Perhaps, one vendor is costing you more than another would for the same service. Saving money is always a good strategy.
How about working a little less overtime? I’m sure most wouldn’t argue with that.
SAVE TIME SEARCHING FOR VEHICLE AND EQUIPMENT HISTORICAL RECORDS
How do you and your technical staff currently look up repair history on equipment? Spreadsheets? Stacks of work orders in a filing cabinet or three-ring binders?
collectiveFleet management software gives you instant access to everything from repair history to depreciation data for all your equipment. And when your fleet size and investment start getting into the hundreds and thousands of dollars, it is difficult to imagine how one could manage well without it. Digging through files or updating a massive spreadsheet is time-consuming and unproductive.
No longer scrambling for data or guessing, you will be able to find information fast and at a level not imagined with manual or spreadsheet methods. Here are a couple of examples:
- Quickly compare a troublesome vehicle’s repair history to other similar types. From there, you could investigate if it’s due to faulty parts, driving behavior, missed preventative maintenance, or other causes
- Effortlessly view total costs by equipment over the course of any period, easily grouped by vehicle type, department, location, etc.
- Group and sort information in virtually any way. A few clicks can turn a simple equipment costs report into an expense summary by the department, sorted by the expected retire date of the vehicles
CONFIGURE THE SOFTWARE TO GET THINGS DONE EVEN QUICKER
Collective Data’s fleet management system is flexible and configurable. A few examples of how it can help in different situations:
- Hide or remove certain fields from a screen depending on the user or user group to avoid extra data entry
- Spec out an exact report you need for upper management with a Collective Data staff member. Have them build it for you. Run the new report as needed. Done!
- Set up your “favorite” reports so you don’t have to sift through the expansive collection of fleet reports for quick access.
What tasks do you wish you could automate or make easier? Chances are, a productivity improving system like Collective Data’s can help you out.